Name:
Location: Japan

Saturday, March 08, 2008


This is a picture of the chairs we have in our Japanese classroom. This is the way i sit. It is as uncomfortable as it looks. I put my feet like that without noticing because of how the chair is designed, and when I do that, the table lifts up a little and rests on my lap. The proportions there aren't quite right, because if I wear heals (not that high), I am this close to touching the table. I can never cross my legs in Japanese class because it would make the table rest on my knee and my papers slide off of it.
Poor, poor people who are 170 and taller.
Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er ekki hægt að setja borðið til hliðar? Eg hef samt verið að glima við það vandamal að vera of lítil í stólana her heima, ehem ég sem sagt næ ennþa ekki almennilega niður, nema að eg sitji framarlega a stólnum.

Sunday, March 09, 2008  
Blogger Solveig said...

The table is attached to the chair, so you can not move it anywhere but up, and then down on the other side.

Sunday, March 09, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would never even try to sit down in that hobbit chair ^^ Do the XL-students get any better chairs?
Or even the overweight?

Monday, March 10, 2008  
Blogger Solveig said...

Nope!

Monday, March 10, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds bad, and I was complaining about not having a bigger table that could tilt ^^

Tuesday, March 11, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reykjavík School of singing and vocal arts has the same kind of chairs in some classrooms.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...only, the tables don't move at all... overveight? Too bad!!!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008  
Blogger Solveig said...

Oh, you have it even worse! :S
I remember the special chairs for left-handed people in the Uni of Iceland. Weird.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home