Name:
Location: Japan

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Health Check-up

I can't leave the blog like that.
We had the health checkup today. I was right, it was interesting. Imagine going with the bus the health clinic and go between booths, or stations along with a whole lot of other kids in the same situation. I got to know a few more exchange students while waiting in line in front of various ...stations. I got a chest x-ray. It took one second only, the guy had hardly closed the door behind him when he came back in to tell me it was over. I also had an eye-test. I stood with a plastic spoon-like thing in front of one eye, then the other, and tried to see where on the circle there was a gap. I guess I could have gone with the hiragana, but all foreigners are treated the same. They can't read, so let's give them rings. I had to point in which direction the gap on the ring was, up, down, right or left side of the ring. The nurse sounded surprised when I couldn't answer. Do you think that means I need glasses? I cant' wait for the results. There were more rings that I could not see, than that I could see. I'm curious.
Then they took some blood samples from us. The nurse, in her pink apron, stuck the needle in, and the blood started to leak, slowly, into the tube. It was so slow that I was afraid that she would have to sting me somewhere else, to get any blood. But that didn't happen. When the tube was filled, she changed tubes, and this time, the blood flowed with great force, splatting on the walls of the tube. It made me laugh for reasons I cannot recall, but I know that laughing when you have a needle inside you is not a good idea, you shake too much.
Then we also got the tuberculin test, the little tuberculin thing that is put underneath your skin, and if the skin is red and irritated around that place in two days, it can mean that you are sick, that you are a carrier, or simply that you have had vaccination against it. In other words, it doesn't mean anything.
Ok, I'm tired, it's half past two in the morning already and I woke up at seven o'clock for the check up. The mosquito bite on my shoulder itches. The one on my back itches more when my hair touches it.
Good night everybody.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's called "tuberculosis"

Tuesday, September 25, 2007  
Blogger Solveig said...

You are of course right, the disease is called tuberculosis, but the test is called tuberculin test because they inject tuberculin under your skin, the sterile solution (liquid with dead or weak tuberculosis bacteria).

Wednesday, September 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er aðalega að kvitta fyrir komu mína og kasta kveðju en ég er of forrvitinn! Er ekki manga/anime námskeið í skólanum^? ^^

Wednesday, September 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home