Name:
Location: Japan

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Heavenly Quiet

Well well, I guess it's time for some more blogging, or information-sharing. The thing is, blogging is like taking a shower. You never really want to, but once you've started, you take forever.
Or should I replace that you with an I?

Sometimes, I feel like I live up in the heavens. What I mean is that when the weather is like it is today, cloudy and a little foggy, we can't see past the school grounds, and because the school is so high up in the mountains, there isn't even the hint of a shadow of anything in that fog. I can see the school buildings clearly, and the trees on campus, but beyond that, everything is light gray, almost white. The sky above, as the wide open ahead.
There is also no sound from anything beyond. We can only hear ourselves and other students, and that is the only the human made sound that reaches our ears. There are crickets and birds singing. All kinds of insects that we never see, but hear day and night, but not so many cars. No sirens, no advertising calls or songs. From my room I hear the basketball hit the ground or the hoop. That is all. It is really quiet. Isolated.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The fog part kind of reminds me of Vestmannaeyjar. Ah, no place like home :)

Thursday, October 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home