Name:
Location: Japan

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Japanese Food

Main characters:
They: everyone, Japanese and foreigners alike.

Curry à la japonaise

Step one: Boil rice (who would've guessed?)
Step two: have ready the curry sauce of your choice.
Step three: Take a plate, put the rice on one half, the sauce on the other.
Step four: Throw those chopsticks away and take a spoon.

Japanese food is tasty. Very delicious, like they say around here.
Japanese food is cheap. When I go for breakfast at the school dining hall, I have miso soup, gyouza dumplings, deep fried fish, some lettuce, a meat ball (yes 'a' meatball), some more vegies, fried or not, and one or two cups of water. They also serve chicken, rice, all kinds of bread (sweet stuff), pineapple, deep fried mashed potatoes, and all kinds of japanese stuff that I don't know the name of, but it's usually deep fried in tempura. But no matter what I pick for my breakfast, it never costs more than 280 yen (very top), and according to Kaupþing Bank,
that amounts to ISK 164.56. But like I said, 280 is the very top, I have only once had to pay that much. Usually I pay round 200 yen, or 117.54 krona.

'Kay, time for lunch. See you later.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Lára Magnúsardóttir said...

ind that breakfast for dinner.

Sunday, November 25, 2007  
Blogger Lára Magnúsardóttir said...

Comment above is missing: I wouldn't m

Sunday, November 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cost of the food at work is beeing payed mostly by the company and still costs 400 isk! Steal that diner and bring it home!!! ^^

Monday, November 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Sounds as you have a fantastic time in Beppu...wish I was there too. Eat some nudels for me! hahah.
Miss you!
/Olivia

Monday, November 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been doing a little catching up on the reading. The thing with the "hey you!" reminds me of when we were in China and I always looked round when someone said "hala", which means "stop" in chinese, but sounded to me like Vala. It took me a while to find out why I always thought someone was calling my name :P

Thursday, November 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahah Vala!
Skorri: The food at the place where I work cost 600- isk. and is still being paid for ny the company.
Mmmm I like food :) Take some picteres of the food for me :D please.

Saturday, December 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home